- Softball Performance Centres
- CANpitch Program
- Learn to Play & Blastball
- Softball 4 Life - LTPD
- Colour Your Dream
- Team Canada
- Team Ontario
- Quest for Gold Athlete Assistance Program
- Triple Play Program
- Softball Equipment
- House League Services
- Respect My Game
Information for Parents
As parents, we recognize that sports and physical activity play an important role in our children’s healthy growth and development, but in recent times physical activity has suffered serious decline among Canadian children.
Medical and sport research shows that our children are increasingly at risk for obesity and disease due to low levels of activity and poor nutritional habits. Some experts have also suggested that Canada is producing declining performances in international competition due to a lack of physical activity and sport development during childhood years.
Your child may already be involved in physical activity and sports, or you may be wondering how to get your child started. Download the Parent's Guide to read more about Long-Term Player Development (LTPD), a model for development in physical activity and sport that not only provides a safe, enjoyable, and progressive pathway for children to pursue healthy physical activity, but also provides a pathway to excellence.
Why does Softball Ontario support Long Term Player Development?
Softball Ontario supports Long Term Player Development because it:
- helps all children to be physically literate (competent in fundamental movement skills for sport and physical activity).
- recognizes that children play to have FUN.
- is a pathway to excellence from playground or pond to podium.
- allows all Canadians to be physically active through sport and recreation participation
What are the various levels of Long Term Player Development?
Long Term Player Development consists of seven (7) stages:
- Active Start
- Learning to Train
- Training to Train
- Training to Compete
- Learning & Training to Win
- Living to Win
- Active for Life