The Role of Softball Ontario
Softball Ontario administers the following programs to all softball associations in Ontario:
1. Umpire Program
- Offers clinics from Junior Development to Certification Levels 1 to 4.
- Offers a yearly registration and testing program that includes insurance.
- Offers an evaluation (on-field) program.
- Handles the Provincial and National Competition appointments.
- Offers rule interpretation via Zone Umpires-in-Chief.
2. Coaching Program
- Offers clinics from the Learn to Coach, Community Coach, NCCP Competition - Introduction, Softball and Level 3.
- Offers specialty clinics for the coach like Hitting and Drills Clinics.
- Offers advanced seminars.
3. CANpitch Program
- Offers a six week, one hour per week instruction/training session for the FUNdamentals Stage.
- Offers a six week, one hour per week instruction/training session for the Learning to Train Stage.
3. Scorekeeping Program
- Offers clinics from Basic to Advanced.
- Handles the appointment of statisticians to the Provincial and Nationals for talent identification purposes and awards.
4. House League Program
- Creates and administers programs aimed at introducing the sport to new participants, including a Schools Program and Community Event Program.
- Offers a Quality Assurance Program for House Leagues
- Offers Softball Administrator Program Workshops
- Web Page promoting sport, programs, services and member associations.
- Newsletter circulated to all competitive teams, officials, subscribers and volunteers.
- Liaison with Softball Canada on behalf of Softball Ontario and its member associations.
- Liaison with Ministry of Tourism and Recreation on behalf of Softball Ontario and its member associations.
- Rule Books
- Technical resources
- Administrative resources